The French Grand Prix; Reims, July 1, 1956
Bugatti brought two, new experimental Grand Prix cars, the Type 251, with transverse, straight-8 motors. Maurice Trintignant started the race in one, it lasted but 18 laps and was never seen again at a Grand Prix. Trintignant, in the ski hat with the pompom, sits behind his car on the pit counter.
Photo courtesy of: THE KLEMANTASKI COLLECTION
PO Box 8204, Stamford, CT 06905 USA., Tel: (203) 461-9804 • Fax: (203) 968-2970
E-mail: email@example.com • Web site: www.klemcoll.com • Blog: klemcoll.wordpress.com