A 1930 Duesenberg Model J Dual-Cowl Phaeton (above, Darin Schnabel photo courtesy of RM Sotheby’s) offered from 54 years of single-family ownership brought in the top price of RM Sotheby’s 10th Anniversary Hershey sale last weekend, generating a top bid of more than $2 million for a car that is one of only three in existence. RM Sotheby’s recorded $11.58 million on total sales from a 90-percent sell-through rate.
The second-highest sale price paid was the $880,000 bid for a 1935 Auburn Eight Supercharged Speedster that is a two-time 100-point car in 2016 Classic Car Club of America judging. The top five sales are listed below. For complete information please visit www.rmsothebys.com
RM Sotheby’s Hershey 2016 Top Five Sales
- 1930 Duesenberg Model J Dual-Cowl Phaeton (s/n 2366) – $2,090,000
- 1935 Auburn Eight Supercharged Speedster (s/n 2952) – $880,000
- 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster (s/n 198.042.7500397) – $825,000
- 1932 Lincoln Model KB Boattail Speedster (Engine KB 1411) – $605,000
- 1931 Pierce-Arrow Model 41 Convertible Victoria (s/n 3050235) – $456,500