Mecum’s recent Kansas City auction, held Dec. 5-7 at the Kansas City Convention Center in Missouri, saw sales reach an overall total of $9 million at the three-day event as a total of 410 vehicles hammered sold for a strong 70% sell-through rate.
Both modern beauties and stunning classics made a showing in the top-selling spots at the Kansas City auction, and while the top two sellers wore the Ford Blue Oval, it was the Bowtie brand that dominated with six Chevrolets landing on the top 10 list. The auctions No. 1 highest sale was achieved by a 2005 Ford GT with 15,122 actual miles that sold for $247,500 (Lot S95.1). Following closely in the second spot was a gorgeous, vintage 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S109.1) that brought $231,000.
Among the top-selling Chevrolets were four Corvettes including a body-off, nut-and-bolt-restored 1967 convertible (Lot S111), a fuel-injected 1963 split window coupe (Lot S97), an Aztec Copper 1957 convertible (Lot S97.1) and a bold Sportsman Red-on-red 1954 roadster (Lot F135).
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Kansas City 2019 auction include:
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot S95.1) at $247,500
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S109.1) at $231,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S111) at $181,500
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S97) at $129,250
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (Lot S118.1) at $126,500
- 1957 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S97.1) at $94,600
- 1954 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster (Lot F135) at $78,100
- 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle (Lot S108) at $64,900
- 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air Resto Mod (Lot F104) at $58,300
- 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A (Lot S140.1) at $58,300
For more information visit mecum.com