Mecum’s Los Angeles 2018 collector-car auction, held this past weekend at the L.A. County Fairplex in Pomona, California, achieved $9 million in overall sales, with the top 10 highest sellers heavily populated by modern supercars and a handful of classic beauties.
A 2006 Ford GT in white with blue racing stripes topped all sales at $327,250, followed by a menacing matte-black 2016 Lamborghini Huracan boasting a Vorsteiner Novara Kit that brought $236,500. One of just 36 built with the dual-quad 354 Hemi engine, a rare and largely unheard of 1958 Facel Vega FV4 Typhoon came in as the auction’s third-highest seller at $214,500. Other top sellers included two Ferrari California Spyders, a 1959 Porsche 356, an Aston Martin Vanquish and a 1968 Shelby GT350 Fastback.
On the Road Art side, the actual neon sign that hung over the Harley-Davidson visitor/employee entrance at the Milwaukee factory was offered for sale, and strong bidding lifted the final sale price to a healthy $88,500.
The top 10 sales at the Mecum Los Angeles 2018:
- 2006 Ford GT sold for $327,250
- 2016 Lamborghini Huracan sold for $236,500
- 1958 Facel Vega FV4 Typhoon sold for $214,500
- 1959 Porsche 356 sold for $200,200
- 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish sold for $140,250
- 1959 Volkswagen 23-Window Samba Bus sold for $137,500
- 2010 Ferrari California Spyder sold for $115,500
- 2012 Ferrari California Spyder sold for $112,750
- 1968 Shelby GT350 Fastback sold for $99,000
- 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo SE sold for $99,000
For complete auction results, please visit www.Mecum.com