Mecum Auctions’ inaugural Phoenix·Glendale collector-car auction was held March 14-17, at State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, and the results set a new company record. As more than 1,300 vehicles crossed the auction block in just four days, sales totals for the Phoenix-area auction rapidly climbed to more than $39 million, a remarkable 85-percent increase over Mecum’s previous record total for an inaugural event.
The auction’s top three highest-dollar sales demonstrated broad diversity with the No. 1 spot being claimed by a factory 4-speed and Super Track Pak-equipped 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T Convertible that demanded a final sale price of $1.43 million. Following was a stunning 1932 Duesenberg Model J Rollston Torpedo Berline (Click here to read about the Duesenberg’s history) that sold for $880,000 and a contrasting 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO that brought $770,000.
The private sale of a 2016 Ferrari LaFerrari Aperta took place off the block at the Phoenix auction, adding $5.5 million to overall totals, and Mecum’s Bid Goes On department is continuing to finalize post-auction sales that will contribute to the impressive $39 million already achieved.
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Phoenix 2019 auction include:
- 1970 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T Convertible (Lot S101) at $1,430,000
- 1932 Duesenberg Model J Rollston Torpedo Berline (Lot S123) at $880,000
- 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO (Lot S71) at $770,000
- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Lot F164) at $357,500
- 1969 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot F140) at $231,000
- 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback (Lot S144) at $225,500
- 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S80.1) at $209,000
- 2009 Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe (Lot S192.1) at $195,250
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S110) at $187,000
- 1989 Ferrari Testarossa (Lot S76.1) at $181,500
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com